14 March 2020
Breas has received questions about our readiness to cope with the outbreak and spread of the COVID-19 virus and the measures taken by governments in various countries. We monitor the situation continuously and follow recommendations from the authorities in the countries where we operate and from the WHO. With our focus on the health and safety of our employees and a strong commitment towards our partners around the world, we are committed to supporting our employees as well as our partners and communities in our battle against the virus.
Breas has taken a series of measures to protect the health of our employees, to reduce the risk of spreading the virus and to ensure continuation of our operations:
- Provide continuous information to our staff on the importance of hygiene, hand washing, etc, and clearly instruct everyone who is sick to stay home.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection of office space and production areas.
- Cancelled all internal travel and external travel unless business critical for the continuation of our operations.
- Cancelled all visits to our offices except if business critical for the continuation of our operations.
- Respect the instructions from national authorities regarding hospital visits by our staff and always confirm appointments 24 hours in advance.
- Offer on-line trainings and meetings to support our customers on the use of our devices. Staff who do not need to be present on site to work, will work from home
- Extend working hours to double shift and cover weekends to divide staff into different teams working at different times.
- Increase staff to increase production capacity.
- Retain returned devices in custody for 72 hours before unpacking, to minimize risk of surface spread. This will unfortunately affect service and repair lead time.
- Work closely together with our suppliers to ensure deliveries to meet the increased customer demand.
- Work closely together with transport companies to ensure shipments.
We trust that these measures will contribute to the safety of our employees and provide the flexibility to ensure our operations even in case further measures are taken by the authorities.
We are grateful for the trust our partners have placed in Breas and confirm our commitment to you in this difficult time. For further questions please contact your local Breas representative.
Managing Director Sweden